Alexandre Singh — La Critique de l’École des objets
La Critique de l’École des objets
Past: April 22 → June 19, 2011
Alexandre Singh examines the intellectual phenomena and commercial products of our consumer society through the lens of an ironic archaeology. His works consist of a blend of such diverse narratives genres as collage, the university lecture and Shakespearian drama.
The School for objects Criticized; Alexandre Singh’s first solo presentation in a French institution; is an installation that takes the form of a theatrical play in which the role of artwork and spectator are inverted: the objects on display (a toaster, a bottle of bleach, two tape players, a sculpture, a slinky toy and taxidermic skunk) speculating about the world of human beings.
The pompous declarations of these characters/ objects invite us to question our own discussions about art and culture. The underlying text of this piece draws its inspiration from the self-referential theatre of Molière, the 2nd century Ad satirist Lucian of Samasota’s parodies of socratic dialogue, and even Woody Allen himself.
13, av. du Président Wilson
T. 01 81 97 35 88
Monday December 19, 2016 – Friday February 3, 2017 inclusive
Every day except Tuesday, noon – midnight
Full rate €12.00 — Concessions €9.00
Free admission under 18 years-old, job seekers, those in receipt of income support…
- Upcoming Abraham Poincheval In 13 days
- Upcoming Taro Izumi — Pan In 13 days
- Upcoming Mel O’Callaghan — Dangerous on-the-way In 13 days
- Upcoming Anne Le Troter In 13 days
- Upcoming Dorian Gaudin — Rites and Aftermath In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuel Saulnier — Black Dancing In 13 days
- Upcoming Sous le regard de machines pleines d’amour et de grâce In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuelle Lainé In 13 days