Céleste Boursier-Mougenot — acquaalta
Past: June 24 → September 13, 2015
This summer, Palais de Tokyo sees its exhibition spaces fundamentally transformed when it welcomes a major installation by Céleste Boursier-Mougenot (born 1961, lives in Sète).
This singular artist of the French scene represents at the same time France at the Venice biennale (9 May — 22 November 2015).
Acquaalta is the annual flood in the Venetian lagoon. In summer 2015, this same phenomenon takes over the spaces of Palais de Tokyo. Céleste Boursier-Mougenot creates a lakeside landscape which leads visitors into an experience, at once tactile, visual and auditory, which changes their perception of the space:
“It is good to worry the visitor sometimes, to give him or herself a coded image. People love seeing themselves disappear.”
As they move across this flooded space, visitors enters a stream of images which set the scene for an imaginary journey, a voyage through their own psyche.
13, av. du Président Wilson
T. 01 81 97 35 88
Monday December 19, 2016 – Friday February 3, 2017 inclusive
Every day except Tuesday, noon – midnight
Full rate €12.00 — Concessions €9.00
Free admission under 18 years-old, job seekers, those in receipt of income support…
- Upcoming Abraham Poincheval In 13 days
- Upcoming Taro Izumi — Pan In 13 days
- Upcoming Mel O’Callaghan — Dangerous on-the-way In 13 days
- Upcoming Anne Le Troter In 13 days
- Upcoming Dorian Gaudin — Rites and Aftermath In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuel Saulnier — Black Dancing In 13 days
- Upcoming Sous le regard de machines pleines d’amour et de grâce In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuelle Lainé In 13 days