Conférence — Marie Canet
Past: Saturday, March 7, 2015 4 PM → 6 PM
Bruno Pélassy was a protean artist, draftsman, sculptor, and fashion designer. In her essay on Pélassy and his work, the art historian and creator of film programs Marie Canet looks back over the artist’s connection with disease, taking as her starting point the only video he created, in 1995, which she proposes to read like a text. The piece, intimate, unstable and joyous, demonstrates the power of artmaking when it begins to move in unison with a political, social, and scientific context in crisis.
Free admission. Booking required : +33 (0)1 49 60 25 06 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Text: Marie Canet
Graphic design: Fanette Mellier
12,5 × 20 cm ; 128 p.
french / english
Price: 20 €
The book is a co-publication of Éditions Dilecta, Les Amis de Bruno Pélassy, Crédac, Passerelle, Le Crac, Mamco and Air de Paris.
In conjunction with:
January 16 → March 22, 2015
The Crédac present a monographic show devoted to the French artist Bruno Pélassy. Following studies in textile and jewelry design, Pélassy began his art career in the early 1990s, a period marked by the trauma of AIDS. If his work is dark in many ways, it is also sensitive, clear-sighted, romantic and radiant.
La Manufacture des Œillets,
25-29 rue Raspail
94200 Ivry s/ Seine
T. 01 49 60 25 06 — F. 01 49 60 25 07
Tuesday – Friday, 2 PM – 6 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 2 PM – 7 PM
Other times by appointment Closed on public holidays
- Event Royal Kinder Garden — RG7 Ends in 3 months
- Liz Magor — The Blue One Comes in Black Ends in about 2 months
- Lecture Se gratter la nuque sur une place publique en Tchécoslovaquie : un geste politique ? In about 2 months
- Elise Florenty et Marcel Türkowsky — In the Eye of the Shadow-Machine Ends in 25 days
- Screening Upcoming Estefanía Peñafiel Loaiza — Remontages, 2014-2016 In 26 days