Dorothy Iannone — The Story Of Bern + The (Ta)Rot Pack
The Story Of Bern + The (Ta)Rot Pack
Past: June 3 → July 10, 2016
Since the early 1960s, Dorothy Iannone (born in 1933 in Boston; lives and works in Berlin) has stood out for her feminist, politically incorrect body of work. A multiform corpus that includes paintings, drawings, collages, sculptures, videos and artist’s books, her art mixes literature, mythology, and autobiography in a colorful style whose influences range from popular art to Byzantine mosaic to erotic miniatures.
CCS is pleased to present all 70 drawings making up The Story Of Bern (1970), an illustrated narrative on the censorship the artist was subjected to during the Freunde group show held at Bern’s Kunsthalle; and a facsimile of The (Ta)Rot Pack (1968-69 / 2016), the deck of tarot cards that allude to her relationship with Dieter Roth.
Opening Friday, June 3, 2016 8 PM → 9 PM
32-38, rue des Francs-Bourgeois
T. 01 42 71 44 50
Every day except Monday, 1 PM – 7 PM
Librairie lu-ve 10h-18h / sa-di 13h-19h
- New Silvia Bächli Eric Hattan — Situer la différence Ends in 3 months
- Concert New Carte blanche à la Montreux Jazz Artists Foundation — Directrice artistique : Stéphanie-Aloysia Moretti Finishes today
- Concert Louis Jucker & Charlie Bernath — Gravels In 4 days
- Concert Upcoming Prix suisse de musique : immersion In 16 days
- Performance Upcoming Thomas Hauert / Gabriel Schenker — (sweet) (bitter) / pulse constellations In 23 days
- Performance Upcoming Marion Duval — Claptrap In about 1 month