Jeune Création 2014
Jeune Création 2014
Past: October 30 → November 2, 2014
The 2014 edition of Jeune Création sees the arrival of a selection of 53 new artists who have been chosen by their peers. The 53 new association members (who are already participating in Jeune Création’s life and direction) will each present an original project conceived especially for the event.
Opening Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6 PM → 11 PM
DJ set — DJ Kodh will perform throughout the evening of the opening night. Ben Andriamaïtso aka KODH is a multi-faceted artist, renowned musician and DJ and an established figure in the world of turntablism. His creative musical work is guided by experimentation, original stylings and an appetite for pushing the boundaries between disciplines.
Performance Thursday, October 30, 2014
Invited by Rémi Uchéda: Jochen Dehn, ‘28, Boulevard de la chapelle.’ Elizabeth Saint-Jalmes, ’Certaines obscurités — variation 1’, 2014. Performance, dance, music and plastic art. Length 20 min. Laurent Chanel, ‘Hélium Socle’, Length: 25 min, 9 decorative balloons suspended from the body’s joints.
Screening October 30 → November 2, 2014
Presented continuously throughout the exhibition, Kevin Senant and Pierre Yves Boisramé (video artists and members of the Jeune Création committee) have selected several videos by young French and international artists. The videos will be shown in a projection room which has been set up in the Jeune Création exhibition’s central space.
Event Friday, October 31, 2014
The Fondation d’entreprise Ricard continues its collaboration with Jeune Création through this line-up of performances conceived by Christian Alandete, Friday 31 October.
Lecture Sunday, November 2, 2014 6 PM → 9 PM
Round table organised in collaboration with Isabelle from Maison Rouge, chief editor of ‘Art &’, an online contemporary art magazine. The discussions will focus on questions concerning the origins of mediation and the need for oeuvre-based discourse, as well as new forms of art…
5, rue Curial
T. 01 53 35 50 00
Tuesday – Friday, noon – 7 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 11 AM – 7 PM
Depending of the schedule (concerts, shows), the spaces of representation will be open to the public in the evening
Free admission to exhibitions for children under 6 years (excluding visits groups)
- Serge Bloch et Frédéric Boyer — Il était plusieurs fois... Ends in about 1 month
- Performance aalliicceelleessccaannnnee & ssoonniiaaddeerrzzyyppoollsskkii — Le Prix du PIF Ends in about 1 month
- Performance Upcoming ildi ! eldi et Olivia Rosenthal — Antoine et Sophie font leur cinéma In 8 days
- Upcoming Circulation(s) 2017 — Festival de la jeune photographie européenne In 5 days
- Upcoming Zimoun In 2 months
- Performance Upcoming Antoine Defoort, Mathilde Maillard, Sébastien Vial et Julien Fournet — On traversera le pont une fois rendus à la rivière In 3 months
- Performance Upcoming Noëlle Renaude et Grégoire Strecker / Cie Champ 719 — Que ça y vive autrement In about 1 month