Le Nouveau Festival — 3 eme édition
Le Nouveau Festival
3 eme édition
Past: February 22 → March 12, 2012
This third edition of the Nouveau Festival du Centre Pompidou is an invitation to explore the diversity of contemporary visual culture, to familiarise oneself with the ever-expanding territories of artistic creation today.
Across a period of three weeks, seven chief guests will present interdisciplinary projects involving their own invitees in different spaces at the Centre Pompidou: Forum, Galerie Sud, Espace 315 and Petite Salle and Grande Salle. Admission to all these is free.
Visual arts, live performance, the spoken word, theatre, cinema and more… Disciplines interact and hybridize as our guests and their guests once again bring to life the concept developed by Alain Seban, president of the Centre Pompidou, and Bernard Blistène, director of its department of cultural development and artistic director of the Festival: a meeting place for those making the art of the future, a laboratory for work at the cutting edge of contemporary visual arts as they engage with other artistic disciplines, a space open to all forms of artistic expression.
More than a hundred artists, performers, writers, historians, musicians and tumblers will explore new “ways of world-making” for this latest edition of the Nouveau Festival, devoted, amongst others, to the themes of childhood and memory, ghosts and spectres, dream and experience, teleportation.
Place Georges Pompidou
T. 01 44 78 12 33 — F. 01 44 78 16 73
Every day except Tuesday, 11 AM – 9 PM
Late night on Thursday until 11 PM
Free entrance for this event
- La collection Thea Westreich Wagner et Ethan Wagner Ends in 20 days
- Closing Magritte Ends in 6 days
- Jean-Luc Moulène Ends in about 1 month
- Cy Twombly Ends in 3 months
- Kollektsia ! — Art contemporain en URSS et en Russie 1950-2000 Ends in 2 months
- Brassaï — Graffiti Ends in 13 days
- Upcoming Josef Koudelka, la fabrique d’Exils In about 1 month
- Upcoming Saâdane Afif — The Fountain Archives In 14 days