Mark Lewis — Post mortem film et surnaturel
Post mortem film et surnaturel
Past: Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 3 PM
Screenings and debate based on a selection of Mark Lewis’ works, with Laura Mulvey, from the Birkbeck University of London, Philippe-Alain Michaud, art and film historian at the National Museum of Modern Art and Elie During, philosopher at the Paris-Ouest-Nanterre University as well as artist.
At 3 PM :
- North circular, 2000, coul., 3mn, sil.
- Algonquin Park, September, 2001, coul., 2 mn, sil.
- Algonquin Park, Early March, 2002, coul., 4 mn, sil.
- Rear Projection (Molly Parker), 2006, coul., 3 mn 53 sec. sil.
- Black Mirror at the National Gallery, 2011, coul., 7 mn 22 sec., sil.
- Tiger, 2014, coul., 13 mn, sil.
At 5 PM :
- Une question de vie ou de mort (A Matter of Life and Death), réal. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, Grande-Bretagne, 1946, coul. et NB, 104 min, vostf
booking on line Or by phone 01 40 20 55 00 (Monday to Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM, except Tuesday).
In conjunction with:
Mark Lewis — Invention au Louvre
October 9, 2014 → August 31, 2015
By referring to the Lumière brothers, the Canadian artist places optical exploration at the heart of the artistic experience. A new temporal space is created, where both eye and memory play their part, and where time blends with moving images and perception’s internal duration.
Palais royal, musée du Louvre
Every day except Tuesday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Late night on Wednesday, Friday until 9:30 PM
Lundi, jeudi, samedi, dimanche : fermeture des salles à partir de 17h30
Plein tarif 6 €, tarif réduit 3€ & gratuit pour les étudiants en arts