MétallOpérette — présentée par L’École de Marinella Senatore
présentée par L’École de Marinella Senatore
Past: Saturday, March 26, 2016 7:30 PM → 9:30 PM
The MétallOpérette piece involves music, song, dance and speech and was co-created and performed by the entire group of École de Marinella Senatore participants.
Set against the history of the former ball-bearings factory that now houses Les Laboratoires d’Aubervilliers, the operetta stages various main characters — a union representative, a young female factory worker, a manager, other factory workers, shareholders, etc. — involved in the social tensions and the series of strikes staged in 1966 following the announcement of the upcoming closure of the factory. Inscribed in the real history of the Malicet & Blin factory, MétallOperette draws on the social and cultural heritage and trade union history of Aubervilliers, taken as a symbol of an ongoing struggle that needs to be continued.
On a formal level, this participatory, engaged operetta employs different performing arts formats, from experimental and political theatre to Operetta, but also dance as a space that re-enacts the individual and collective body in order to break up and fissure fixed forms, systems and structures to open up new perspectives.
MétallOperette — i.e., the storyline, the dialogue and the reflection on the historical and social context and it’s characters’ behaviour and thought processes — was constructed through the active, concrete and sustained participation of the entire group that took part in the École de Marinella Senatore workshops, set up at Les Laboratoires d’Aubervilliers from 10th February to 26th March 2016.
On reservation only at 01 53 56 15 90 or firstname.lastname@example.org
41, rue Lécuyer
T. 01 53 56 15 90 — F. 01 53 56 15 99
Monday to Friday from 11 am to 6 pm and Saturday from 1 pm to 6 pm
And on booking for events at email@example.com
- Performance Bastien Mignot — Le ciel était trop nuageux pour voir les étoiles Tomorrow
- Meeting L’Exégèse de Philip K. Dick — Avec Louis Castel, Hélène Collon & Pacôme Thiellement In 7 days
- Event be for the birds (variation II) — Silvia Maglioni et Graeme Thomson In about 1 month
- Meeting Communisation. Des régimes du visible : Pratiques de soin et collectifs — Rencontre organisée par Josep Rafanell i Orra In about 2 months
- Event Grace Ndiritu — The Ark In 2 months
- Event Grace Ndiritu — The Ark (2) In 2 months