Michel Houellebecq — Rester vivant
Past: June 23 → September 11, 2016
This is not a show “about” Michel Houellebecq, but a show “by” Michel Houellebecq, demonstrating how the writer has produced a form that contributes to the reinvention of exhibitions, by mixing up literature and photography, between fact and fiction.
Poet, essayist, novelist and filmmaker, Michel Houellebecq has always had close ties with the cinema and the world of the visual arts, which have accompanied and extended his reflexions since the start of his career, as the frequent allusions to them in his novels attest.
This show is a scenario, leading visitors through the writer’s obsessions. Made up of sounds, photographs, installations and films he has conceived, as well as the presence of several guest artists (such as Robert Combas), it will offer an immersion into the world and mind of the protean creator who is Michel Houellebecq.
An issue of the magazine PALAIS is entirely dedicated to the exhibition. Copublished with Flammarion.
Curator : Jean de Loisy
13, av. du Président Wilson
T. 01 81 97 35 88
Monday December 19, 2016 – Friday February 3, 2017 inclusive
Every day except Tuesday, noon – midnight
Full rate €12.00 — Concessions €9.00
Free admission under 18 years-old, job seekers, those in receipt of income support…
- Upcoming Abraham Poincheval In 13 days
- Upcoming Taro Izumi — Pan In 13 days
- Upcoming Mel O’Callaghan — Dangerous on-the-way In 13 days
- Upcoming Anne Le Troter In 13 days
- Upcoming Dorian Gaudin — Rites and Aftermath In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuel Saulnier — Black Dancing In 13 days
- Upcoming Sous le regard de machines pleines d’amour et de grâce In 13 days
- Upcoming Emmanuelle Lainé In 13 days