Past: October 12 → December 18, 2016Tino Sehgal — Palais de Tokyo Dans un Palais de Tokyo vide et somptueux de son charme brut, des chorégraphies aléatoires et un parcours rythmé par une succession d'accompagnateurs constituent l'essentiel de la carte blanche offerte à Tino Sehgal.
The exhibition, Tino Sehgal’s most extensive to date, brings together a selection of his major works, shaped around the labyrinthine architecture of Palais de Tokyo. The works merge and interact with each other, in ways the artist began to experiment with at Berlin’s Martin Gropius Bau in 2015, and earlier this year in Marrakech 2016, thus creating a new level of complexity for his projects.
Tino Sehgal challenges conventional museum exhibition precepts by placing a central focus on social interaction, rather than the inanimate object. His artworks are brought into existence through human capacities such as dance, speech and song, and are present during the entire opening hours of the show (from 12 October to 18 December). Often involving the visitors, each work has its own specific emotional and aesthetic nature.
Curator: Rebecca Lamarche-Vadel — Producers of Tino Sehgal: Asad Raza et Julia Simpson
13, av. du Président Wilson
T. 01 81 97 35 88
Monday December 19, 2016 – Friday February 3, 2017 inclusive
Every day except Tuesday, noon – midnight
Full rate €12.00 — Concessions €9.00
Free admission under 18 years-old, job seekers, those in receipt of income support…
- Upcoming Abraham Poincheval In 12 days
- Upcoming Taro Izumi — Pan In 12 days
- Upcoming Mel O’Callaghan — Dangerous on-the-way In 12 days
- Upcoming Anne Le Troter In 12 days
- Upcoming Dorian Gaudin — Rites and Aftermath In 12 days
- Upcoming Emmanuel Saulnier — Black Dancing In 12 days
- Upcoming Sous le regard de machines pleines d’amour et de grâce In 12 days
- Upcoming Emmanuelle Lainé In 12 days